We are ready to capture the opportunities of the region. West Africa has a huge potential for progress and prosperity. The majority of the population is young, optimistic, passionate, connected to the world and eager to shape a brighter future. However, the region and its 380 million people still face many serious challenges today:
• Poverty, malnutrition and inaccessibility of good food
• Limited power of women, the guardians of nutrition
• Environmental degradation and pollution
• Dependency on imports and foreign capital
• Insufficient access to health care and water
At Danone West Africa we aim to touch and transform people’s lives bringing health through food to as many people as possible in the West African region by turning these challenges into opportunities to have a positive impact on society and thrive as a business.